Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday afternoon

Hi,
This is Donna (Darlene is typing for me as I dictate). I just want to say Thank you to everyone for everything they have sent to me. I really like the things I get from the kids. The ones with the pictures are so special! For example, I have received several cards that stretch the entire length of the room, and others that are very large, with lots of pictures and they are taped to my wall. Each morning when I wake up, it's the first thing I see and it makes me smile. All of the hospital staff who come in to my room really enjoy seeing these pictures and cards too.
I just want to tell everyone that I miss them very much. I think about all of you everyday and can't wait to come home. I am so glad that I have been able to hear from so many people. You all have made me feel so loved ! I wish I could talk to each and everyone of you and tell you thank you personally and maybe one day I will get to do that.

As for the hospital food it's not the greatest and I'm missing the things I like to eat at home. The staff here has been so nice and sweet to me. It's unbelievable how caring and concerned they are. Although I'm tired of being in the hospital, they make it tolerable because they are so nice.

The truth is - I am really learning to like the southern food they give me everyday. I might just learn how to cook this stuff at home ! !

Love you all,
Donna

2 comments:

  1. Donna, it's so wonderful to see your words here! Everyone is so attentive and caring towards you because that's how YOU are to them. I'm so excited for you as you make progress towards getting well and coming home. I'm rootin' for you every day!

    Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, We missed your updates while out of town, and were delighted to come back to read of the great strides you are making. We pray for you each day, and want you to know the Lord is with you. He is the one who carries this impossible burden for you. We are all greatful to your supportive family for all they have done to see your updates are out and that we all can see the amazing progress that is happening. You have taken the set-backs like a Champ. Keep up being so strong willed, it has served you well so far. And having Darlene in your corner has been a blessing. You were in the right place at the right time. Stay Strong.....
    You will beat this.
    Love, Gary and Kathie Goulding

    ReplyDelete